Answer the following questions and submit your answers as detailed in the syllabus. This means following the formatting rules. Points will be deducted for not following the rules. Also, remember, this is a Texas government course, all of your examples and references should be about Texas. Each answer should be no less than 250 words. Each question should be answered separately. Write the question before each of your responses.
- What factors influence public opinion in Texas? Remember to be specific about Texas.
- What factors contribute to the success of some interest groups in Texas over others? Remember to be specific about Texas.
- Why does Texas lack party competition? It’s not because Republicans have the majority of seats in the legislature and hold all state-wide executive positions.
- Why is it necessary to be a U.S. Citizen to vote?
- Why were constitutional amendments necessary to expand voting rights? Don’t just tell me which amendments, that’s not what the question is asking.
- Why would a poll tax be unconstitutional? The answer is not the 24th Amendment.